Our Scottish farmed salmon comes to us direct from Scottish Sea Farms, who have been producing salmon for over 40 years. Their experience and dedication to producing a consistent supply of high quality, healthy, and sustainable salmon has earned them an excellent reputation. They supply some of the most discerning buyers in Europe, the US, and around the globe and we’re proud that we’re able to offer you this excellent farmed salmon option.
The clean, cold waters of Scotland create a perfect environment for raising delicious, full flavored salmon with high levels of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Fish health is a priority at Scottish Sea Farms – which is why they carry current GlobalGAP certification – proving that they comply with an internationally recognized set of farm standards dedicated to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
the GlobalGAP Aquaculture Standards focus on five key areas:
- legal compliance
- food safety
- workers’ occupational health, safety and welfare
- animal welfare
- environmental and ecological care
In addition, Scottish Sea Farms has been recently recognized for sustainability efforts including:
- predator-resistant containment system which reduced the number of seal attacks
- new low frequency ADD thought to operate outside the normal hearing range of cetaceans (whales and porpoises)
- innovative easy-clean nets which, unlike traditional nets, don’t require copper-based anti-fouling
- producing farm-reared ‘cleaner fish’, so-called because they eat naturally occurring external parasites such as sea lice from salmon. These fish, called wrasse, can help control sea lice through non-medicinal, environmentally-friendly approaches.